Ransomware is an ongoing concern and conversation by security professionals. In the past year, there has been a 62% increase in ransomware attacks. It is hard to manage the threat of these attacks but there are ways to minimize them. The newest ransomware attacks are concerning because of IT security and physical safety.
There are few things to minimize risk and threats against ransomware:
Visibility: Expanding the notion of visibility is important. There should be an up-to-date inventory of all the devices in the company for security purposes.
Manage administrator access: Giving less access to people on the network decreases a chance of an attacker to steal data.
Secure configuration: Everything should be configured securely because one misconfiguration is an open door for an attacker.
Managing vulnerabilities: Attackers can easily take advantage of the vulnerabilities in the system but to avoid that you need to have strategies such as network segmentation.
Incident response: Knowing how to respond is important if you are in a crisis and how information will be communicated like knowing the technical tools to understand.
There are currently 3.5 million unfilled positions in the cybersecurity field. The skills gap is an ongoing crisis around the globe that needs attention.
Here is the feedback on cybersecurity skill shortage:
- The skills shortage is not improving: 51% believe it has gotten worse and only 5% believe its better
- Most organizations are impacted: 57% said their organization has been impacted by cybersecurity skill shortage. This situation is difficult and unsustainable.
- Recruiting and hiring cybersecurity staff remains challenging: 76% say it is extremely difficult to recruit and hire cybersecurity professionals
- There is an acute shortage of cloud security and other skills: The organizations will face competition when recruiting cybersecurity specialists in these areas.
- Organizations are not doing enough to bridge the cybersecurity skills gap: Almost 32% say they could be doing much more for the cybersecurity skills gap
- Cybersecurity professionals have some helpful recommendations: Cybersecurity professionals suggested some ideas like increasing the commitment to cybersecurity training, providing additional perks, and creating or improving a cybersecurity internship program
It refers to a security system that uses several components to secure multiple levels. Many of them are used to reduce threats, delay or prevent threats. It secures sensitive data and access to information systems and networks.
Traditional security solutions build a protective guideline to prevent valuable assets based on the possible risks. Multi-layer security solution plans for securing the sensitive data and access to information systems and networks.