Computer Forensics is a process of discovery, including preservation, recovery and analyzing of data in order to acquire court-admissible computer storage media. A forensic examination can answer a wide range of questions.
- Which websites have been visited?
- Which files have been downloaded?
- When were files accessed?
- Which files were deleted?
- Who are the authors of the files in question?
- What was said, sent or communicated in SMS text or emails?
- Who attempts to conceal, destroy or fabricate evidence & when?
Evidence can often be recovered from such devices despite deliberate attempts to hide, delete or otherwise alter it. TCS Forensics certified forensic examiners adhere to strict operating procedures to maintain a proper chain of custody. We use court-validated forensic tools such as AccessData’s FTK and Guidance Software’s EnCase Forensic to authenticate and verify our findings. Computer evidence produced by TCS forensic examiners in our computer forensics lab is admissible at all levels of the Canadian courts and many American jurisdictions (subject to state licensing requirements). Our forensic examiners have experience on the stand and are qualified to give detailed expert testimony concerning all aspects of forensic methodology, the interpretation of digital artifacts and the nature of digital evidence.
Computer forensics can be used in many types of civil proceedings.
Our forensic professionals provide onsite service anywhere, 24/7, 365 days a year to preserve potential evidence before it is accidentally or purposefully overwritten and destroyed. Since 2003, TCS has grown to become the largest independent digital forensics lab in Western Canada by providing digital forensic services for law firms of all sizes, banks, businesses, government, law enforcement and individuals in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
These are some of our clients who uses TCS Forensics:
- Companies who are in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Companies that have a security issue
- Intellectual Property / Time Theft
- Online harassment / Slander
- Public listed companies
- Human resources